The Mindfulness Kit
The Heart Surgery Kit™ is a unique, creative, mindfulness practice kit for children and adults developed by psychotherapist Elizabeth Winkler. With easy to understand instructions, children can experience the benefits of mindfulness through a fun and easy process. Developed for use with grade school children in California, the kit has now been used all over the world including Sierra Leone where your purchase of a kit will help to end hunger! Kits can be used by a single child or multiple kits can be employed in groups or classrooms.
- Each Heart Surgery Kit comes packed in a cotton drawstring backpack, which allows families to easily complete the process at home, in restaurants, airplanes, car rides, and during any challenging time.
- Paired with unique drawings and written instructions, the step-by-step guide allows children to easily follow the 8 steps of the Heart Surgery mindfulness practice.
- Included is a mini wooden dry eraser that allows children to erase their emotions once the process is complete. Children can read and integrate the mantra "I can handle my heart" as they erase their challenges on the whiteboard.
The Heart Surgery Whiteboard
- Included is a whiteboard which allows children to express and erase their challenges each time they complete the process.
- Children can express their rainbow of emotions by using the eight different colors provided in our marker bag. The mantra "I can handle my heart" is reinforced on every marker. Colors included are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, and black.
The Mindfulness Completion Certificate
- The final step of Heart Surgery is filling out the completion certificate. This allows children to reflect on how they were feeling before completing Heart Surgery, and how they feel once the process has been completed. Share your Heart Surgery® with us by tagging @heartsurgerykit and using #icanhandlemyheart
The Heart Surgery Pin
- Inside each kit, there is a pin for children to wear with our logo. For safety reasons, please be aware that the pin is sharp, and should not be left in reach of children.
*Heart Surgery Kits ship from our hearts to your home every Friday!*